Friday, March 22, 2013

Hatching Pom-Pom Chick in a Nest

I've spent the better part of the last two weeks looking for some fun and easy Easter Crafts for the kids to do. As with most crafts I end up doing most of it while they watch because it's too much or too dangerous for them to do certain pieces. I wanted them to do most of the craft this time, while I helped with the cutting and that's it. Luckily, A friend of mine, over at Mommy Trying to Survive Monday, posted up this very cute Nest Egg craft. I loved the idea, and thought maybe I could tweak it a little bit. I made different egg craft using Mod Podge to go inside but it didn't look right sitting in a paper bag, so I decided to make a Hatching Chick to go in the nest

I'll post up the other Egg Craft next.




Here is what I did:

What you will need
Glue (I love this Fabri-Tac, but Elmer's glue works just as well)
Scissors (Safety scissors for the kids)
Paper Bag
Orange Felt
1 large pom-pom
1 medium pom-pom
2 small pom-poms
googly eyes or use two tiny black pom poms
Plastic Easter egg


1. Cut the paper bag in half and add fringes to the end.

2. Fold the bag down, crinkle the fringes, and cut the other half into strips.

3. Crinkle the strips. Add to the base.

3. Cut out a heart shape from the felt and glue to the large pom-pom.

4. Cut out two small triangles from the felt for the beak. Glue the eyes and the beak to the medium pop-pom.

5. Cut a bit of fluff away from the two small pom-poms for the wing shape.

6. Glue the head and the wings to the large pom-pom.

7. After the glue has dried, stuff the chick inside the Egg.  


8. Kids can have fun "hatching" the egg, taking the chick out, throwing the chick at their siblings....





2 comments:

  1. I think it's adorable and I love that you are using paper to make the nest. Plastic "grass" is made from petroleum. Thanks for sharing!!



    Penny at Green Moms and Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!! I think I like your nest better than mine! But mine may be safer for little little ones because of the no cutting thing... ADORABLE!!! I'm going to share this to my facebook page as well as do a quick blog post with a link cause I just don't feel like blogging today lol! LOVE IT!

    Queen Mommy
    www.mt2sm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete