But, I'm not working and though were aren't struggling financially, I still want to contribute somehow.
I do get social security disability payments, but that is a small payment from what I used to bring in as a paycheck.
So I started looking for ways to earn a little pocket cash.
I crocheted little animals and baby headbands, but it wasn't much, and with RA, when I am flaring, my hands are too sore to crochet.
So I have a friend who constantly posted about Swagbucks. And I ROLLED MY EYES EVERYTIME she posted about it.
Come on, we have all seen these scams all over and they promise you can make money jsut surfing the internet. yada yada yada,
Well, oneday she posted that she needed just one person to sign up for a contest or something and that got me. A friend needed me to do something small, so I helped. I signed up, clicked around, decided it was kinda ridiculous, and walked away from my computer.
The next day I started clicking around out of boredom and realized I made $3.00. Wait really?
I made real money?!?
Well, not really. I made 300 "swagbucks" which roughly translates to $3.00.
1SB = $.01
And all I did was sign up for a free trial to ABC Mouse dot com.
My son got to play around on a learning system for a month and swagbucks paid me to do it!
I was hooked from there.
I started looking for all sorts of free trials, answered short surveys and watched ads. Before I knew it I was cashing out for my first gift card.
One mionth into "swagging" I had cashed out for over $150 in amazon gift cards, which is being used to fund christmas this year.
To sign up for your own swagbucks account, click HERE.
or copy and paste this link to your browser.
So how exactly does it work?
Here is an article by Miranda Marquit from Beingfrugal.net
She explains it all in detail perfectly.
How Swagbucks Works
There are several different ways you can make money with the help of Swagbucks:
- Web search: Yes, searching the Internet can result in Swagbucks for your account. Use the Swagbucks search engine to perform the searches you are most interested in. You can install the toolbar to help you out. You will be rewarded Swagbucks for your search efforts.
- Surveys: As with CashCrate, you can earn rewards from Swagbucks by filling out surveys.
- Shopping: If you are willing to shop through the Shop & Earn section, you can earn rewards depending on what you buy. This reminds of programs like Ebates that reward you for your regular shopping habits.
- Voting: Swagbucks has daily polls, and if you vote, you can earn rewards.
- Send photos and videos: You can send in some of your best photos and videos, and attempt to win prizes for them. If you have prize media, you receive rewards. These contests happen occasionally, so you will have to check the Swagbucks blog or Facebook page for these.
- Watch videos: There are videos through SBTV that you can watch to earn rewards.
- Referrals: Get your friends to sign up (and be active), and you can earn Swagbucks galore. Like many similar programs, it’s possible for you to benefit when those you know join the party.
- Special offers: Complete a special offer, and earn a reward.
- Swag Codes: Swagbucks regularly offers special codes that you can find and then enter in your account. There are usually several codes each day, and if you find the code, and use it, you get automatic Swagbucks added to your account. Having the toolbar will allow you to check for active codes more easily.
- Trade in old media: Trade in your old books and video games for more Swagbucks.